Instead of complaining about how far behind I am with grading, despite grading from 3-8:30 pm with only a break for dinner, I will focus on the positive.
I’ve been wanting breakfast for dinner for weeks. I love having oatmeal and pancakes and eggs for breakfast (not all together…), but I never have the time in the morning. Usually, I have a smoothie that I can take with me on the go.
So, today, I was thrilled when my husband had dinner with a friend, because he is not a fan of breakfast for dinner because he always makes himself a big breakfast for breakfast. So, I took the opportunity to use my favorite pancake mix, Kodiak Cakes. The box looks like this:
They have a ‘whole wheat and honey,’ and a ‘buttermilk and honey.’ Tonight, I used the buttermilk and honey, mixed with canned pumpkin, and water, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and a bit of vanilla. I whisked the mix, and it made fluffy delicious pancakes.
But, the shining star was all of the toppings.
1. Butter. Real Butter. I don’t use a LOT of butter, but I LOVE real butter.
2. Fage 2% mixed with maple syrup. My favorite pancake and waffle topping of all time. Try it, it is AMAZING.
3. A tablespoon of Sunbutter.
4. A tablespoon of Pumpkin Butter that my husband bought me at an orchard the other day. And, I don’t think I’ve ever actually had pumpkin butter before, or at least none as memorable and delicious as this was. Seriously, I think I could spoon it out of the jar.
5. Real Maple Syrup. Not that much. Just enough.
7. Ghiradelli White Chocolate Chips
It was a lot of toppings, but I stayed in my calorie count, and I didn’t overdo it with the serving size of the toppings, which is something I have done many of times!
Here are a few Instagram photos. I am a terrible photographer, so Instagram is my friend.
What’s everybody else having for dinner tonight?
I keep thinking it is Thursday, and am disappointed when I realize it isn’t.
BUT, I am focusing on the positive! HA HA.
Have a great night!